A better way to participate in commercial real estate
With RealtyShares, you can customize your own portfolio to meet your goals. However, unlike investing directly on your own, RealtyShares is with you throughout the full lifecycle of your investment.
|Stock Market Correlation||Investor Fee Load||Investment Screening & Diligence||Broker-dealer Regulation||Asset Management Resources||Minimum Investment Size|
|Direct Investment in Property||Low||Low||Medium||Low||Low||High|
There are a number of material differences between the investments listed:
1) Only traded, public REITs offer investors liquidity prior to liquidation of the underlying investment. The other investments are generally illiquid. Investors should anticipate indefinite holding periods and should not be dependent upon liquidity from the investments.
2) Only direct investments in real estate offer investors complete control over the management of a property. Other investment options carry management risk and other risks stemming from a lack of direct control over the investment.
3) Public REITs face greater regulatory scrutiny and reporting requirements than the other investment options presented.
4) The quality of investment offerings on various funding platforms varies widely.
5) Public and Private REITs generally offer diversification at a lower minimum investment amount. We recommend that you consult with your financial advisor, attorney, accountant, and/or other professionals who can help you understand and evaluate the risks associated with any investment opportunity on the RealtyShares platform.